Monday, February 14, 2011

Oak Mountain

Oak Mountain located just 20 minutes South of Birmingham is Alabama's largest State Park.  With 9,940 acres Oak Mountain has a wide variety of family activities.  Offering cabins, fishing, hiking, mountain biking, horseback riding, golf, swimming and boating. No matter what you need to wind down, Oak Mountain has got it. 

There are 10-2 bedroom cabins nestled around a 28 acre lake.  Boats, paddles and life preservers are offered for the cabins guests.  The Cabins are perfect for Family Reunions and get togethers since there is a large covered pavilion close by.  Rates are $110 per night and there is a 2 night minimum for weekends.  Pets are welcome in 2 cabins (for an additional fee) but must be kept on a leash while in the park.  There are discounts for senior citizens, government workers and handicap persons. 

If you prefer to rough it, then Oak Mountain has 85 improved camping sites for RV's and 60 tent sites.  RV sites include water, electric and sewer hook ups.  There are also bath houses with hotwater throughout the camping area.  Primitive sites start at $14 and RV sites start at $18 and go up to $23 with sewer hook ups.  The backpack sites are $5 per person. 


If you enjoy golf, Oak Mountain has a newly renovated 18 hole golf coarse with a driving range.  The coarse is often rated as one of the top 75 public coarses in the United States. Tee times need to be reserved 5 days in advance and they are not accepted for same day of play.  Walk ons are welcomed however.  Oak Mountain golf coarse offers a full service pro shop with snack bar.  There is also a chipping green and putting green to get warmed up for your round.  The pro shop is also a wi-fi hotspot.  Green fees are $35 dollars Monday thru Thursday and $42 dollars Friday thru Sunday.  Clubs can also be rented for an additional $20.


Oak Mountain has two 85 acre lakes for fishing and boating.  Largemouth bass, bream, crappie and catfish can all be caught here.  Both lakes are fertilized and maintained and visitors are welcome year round.  Gasoline motors are not allowed but trolling motors are welcomed.  Private boats can be launched at either lake and jon boats can be rented.  Jon Boats are $15 per day, paddle boats and canoes can be rented for $12 per hour.  Fishing supplies, bait  and food can be picked up at the fishing center shop. State fishing licenses are required and can be bought on site.


The Park also offers swimming areas and hiking.  Swimming is at your own risk as there are no lifeguards on duty.  There is also no alcohol allowed.  If you prefer hiking, there are approximately 51 miles of trails for your enjoyment.  There are five trails each having different lengths and difficulties. The Mountain Biking trail is 17.5 miles long and is steep and rough in places.  A BMX track is located on site and there is also a trail for horseback riding.  All trails are color coded and marked in case you are lost. 

More information can be found on Oak Mountain State Park at:  http://www.alapark.com/oakmountain/.  The park gates are open 24 hours.  Admission to the park is $2 for adults on Monday thru Thurday and $3 on Friday thru Sunday.  Admission is $1 for children from 6-11 years and for seniors older than 62 years. Check out the Video Tour here.

If you or someone you know is moving in the Birmingham Area, give me a call at 205-520-3039.  I would be glad to help you find a home.  You can also check out my website at:  http://www.birmingham-realty.com/.

Sources:  Alabama State Parks Website

1 comment:

  1. Greetings everyone, my name is Karen Paul I am from wales I have heard about this loan officer called Mr Benjamin Lee and his investors that are helping people with loans all around the world truly I found people testified about his wonderful work and I was surprised why I did not find this company on time. I never believed what the people said about the company until I apply and gave it a try the amount I was looking for was big and it was for a real estate the loan amount was $10.5 million US dollars and so I applied and Mr Benjamin lee talked to me but since my loan was large it took just 5 working days to receive my loan cause they told me there loan service was 48 hours to receive loan. The only thing he told me to do was to deposit the application fee which the it's was processing fee to process my loan  when he told me that once I was afraid it was a scam but I said let me give it a try I deposited the application fee which was stated and that was all I deposited behold in less than 5 working days like he said truly I received a message from my bank that sum amount of money which was $10.5 million US dollars has been credited in my bank account and everything about the money the details and who it came from was there behold it was Mr Benjamin Lee loan company who helped me when i first saw it I was surprised i never believed my eyes but it was true. So I told my self since other people that the company helped testified about there good deeds let me do mine cause to not easy to see a legit loan company online this days so anyone from anywhere who needs an online loan without getting cheated apply from this company cause they only that can help i have confirmed it and it is true I am so happy and I know this company will make other people happier than me. You can contact this company via mail or Whatsapp but I used Whatsapp cause it was faster mail address of the company is +1 989-394-3740, 247officedept@gmail.com. Thanks everyone regards from Karen Paul from Wales.

    ReplyDelete